Transfer Service

Transfer Service to New Address

If you are moving within the city limits, and have a current account with the City of Elgin, you may transfer your services. Your current account must be paid in full before the transfer can be made.  

A $20.00 transfer fee is paid at the time of transfer. 

When submitting an application for New or Transferred Service,

 send it to the Utility Billing Department with payment, a photo ID and the applicable documentation listed below:

  • Lease agreement with name(s) of applicant(s)
  • Settlement Page from purchase of property
  • Tax statement showing ownership of property

Utility services will only be connected for the person(s) on the lease agreement or purchase documents for the residence.