Public Works

The City of Elgin Public Works Department is located in the Elgin Business Park off of Highway 290.

This Department is responsible for maintenance of the City streets, rights-of-way, easements, and City owned buildings. Our crew also assists with logistics of festivals and community events.

H n TC Gang - c. 1895-1898
H&TC Work Crew - circa 1895

Reporting Problems

Downed Power Lines, Street Lights & Power Outages

To report street light and power outages, or downed power lines, call Oncor at 888-313-4747, or visit You can also report street lights online using the Oncor Streetlight Map.

County Roads

To report maintenance issues on county roadways (i.e. CR 300), call Bastrop County at 512-285-3224.

Texas Department of Transportation Roads

To report maintenance issues on TxDOT roadways (i.e. Highway 290, FM 1100), call 512-974-0883, or email.

Immediate Road Hazards

To report immediate road hazards threatening public safety, call the Elgin Police Department at 512-285-5757.

Request Tracker

Use our Request Tracker feature to report problems or issues that are the responsibility of Public Works.